Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Books, Books, Books!

It's now 1:23 AM and I just got my Kindle book to publish; it should be available in exactly 24 hours! I worked my way through HTML and I don't even speak that language. Most days, I can hardly find the "power button" on my computer much less decipher computer codes. I'm bleary eyed and exhausted, but I had to share the news with someone!

Mocha is snoring. Mark's asleep and I'm celebrating with Maria's Alemania's pastries! Speaking of which, I'm off to have coffee there tomorrow and maybe read a good book at Libri Mundi. It's right on the corner of Hermano Miguel 8-14 and Mariscal Sucre (across the street is Maria's place). You can't miss it!

There's even a little kid's section, just like Barnes & Noble, a nice little reading nook upstairs, books in English and chocolate for sale (pure Ecuadorian chocolate). Something tells me I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this new hot spot in Cuenca.
On our way to Libri Mundi, we came across this "Panama Hat" place -- "La Paja Taquilla" and I had to wonder...how many more surprises lurk around the corners of Cuenca? They have great prices and an amazing selection of hats.
 
So if you need to have a good cup of coffee, read a book, and try on hats, you'll know where to go!
 
Now, that I'm almost delirious, I think I'll call it a night/day and read a good book!
 
Until next time...hasta luego!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
P.S. My "boss" said that I could have the day off tomorrow, so I think I'll take her up on it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Connie, if you are still up at this hour I want to be the first to congratulate you. One question, if you don't own a Kindle can you download it to your computer to read it? Mary

Mick and Kathy Wesson said...

Congratulations Connie! It must feel really nice to have just completed a new book. Our hats off to you.

Mick

Mike Grimm said...

Connie, nice going on the book. It's never an easy venture.
What's this about "her" being your boss? At first I thought you were referring to Mark!
It looks like we may have created a "monster" by introducing Mark to Alemania. Well, it's a tasty "monster", anyway.

Mike and Pat

Connie Pombo said...

Thanks, everyone!

Mary: That's a good question; I downloaded the HTML from Kindle, so I'm sure it can be put in an e-reader on your computer. Let me read my contract again to be sure and I'll let you know. Okay? I fell asleep with my computer still in my lap!

Mick, Kathy and Nick: How are you guys? I just read your adventures...wow, you all are having fun. I'm going to go "play" today!

Mike: So you're the one who made me gain two pounds in one week! Maria's place is amazing. I need to do an entire blog on "Cuenca's Best Bakery." She has cinnamon rolls the size of hub caps!

Connie Pombo said...

Mary,I found out the answer to your question. Kindle now has a "Kindle app" for your PC, so you can download books and read them on your computer in living color! What will these people think of next?!?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

Anonymous said...

Thanks for looking into that for me (of course it wouldn't be as portable as a Kindle.)Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...