Saturday, December 17, 2011

Jellied Cranberry Sauce?!?


"Mark, can you believe it?" I gasped, while moving my shopping cart closer to get a better look at the top shelf. "It's Ocean Spray Cranberries!" I shouted, jumping up and down!

Truth be told, I don't even like cranberries: whole, jellied or in a sauce. It's just the idea that SuperMaxi carried it (just in case I changed my mind!).

I know Thanksgiving is history, but Christmas is just around the corner and the thought of a bowl full of cranberries sounds absolutely delightful at this point.

My hubby briefly looked at the price ($2.59) and gave me a downward glance which meant,"How much does this really mean to you?"

I clutched the can close to my heart and whispered, "It's priceless!"

“Okay,” my hubby smirked in satisfaction, “you can put it in the cart.” 

"Thank-you...thank-you...thank-you!" I chimed, placing it in the shopping cart before he changed his mind.

When you compare the fact that Jif Peanut Butter is almost $8.00 for a medium-sized jar, I felt like I had won the lottery!

We don't normally shop at The Gringo Store (SuperMaxi), but when we do there are surprises around every corner. Tomorrow, I'm going on the hunt for Rocky Road Marshmallows (LARGE), and see what I can find.

I'll be reporting back...

Until next time...hasta luego!











Technorati Tags: cost of living in Ecuador, SuperMaxi, food costs in Ecuador

Tags created with Ukion Tag Generator

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...