Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blessings

In the past two days we've had two showings and two offers on our home (amazing!). Our house has never been so squeaky clean. But running out every time there is a showing is already getting to be a chore, but a necessary one in order to get it sold.

Last evening we packed up the car with the coffeemaker, toaster, mop, and non-essentials on the countertops, lit the candles, popped in an Andre Boccelli CD and left our "staged home" before the realtor and prospective buyers arrived. But instead of circling around the block for an hour, we treated ourselves to dinner at McCleary's Pub (Wings Night). There was a special treat waiting for us...a singer by the name of "Adam Blessing." We were seated in a private booth with candlelight and the wings were served along with our favorite beverage. When our server left our table, I felt a tear, then two, then three and before I knew it I was sobbing. The tears continued to pour into my hot wings until they were all soggy!

My hubby gave me a perplexed look, leaned over the table, and whispered, "Now what's wrong?"

Do you know what? I didn't -- or I couldn't -- explain it. Me -- the writer -- who is never at a loss for words, couldn't put my feelings into a sentence.

And then I reviewed the last week: We have been running around...making frequent trips to Home Depot to get materials to do last minute touch-ups on the house, sorting through 35 years of married life, planning a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding, preparing for a writer's conference, trying to finish a book without my laptop, and still attempting to explain to family and friends why we're doing what we're doing. When I stop long enough to catch my breath, the tears start to flow.

Tears are a blessing. They come spontaneously for me when I'm sad, when I'm happy, and sometimes when I'm overwhelmed -- like yesterday! And then I check up on my new Ecuadorian friends via their blogs and wonder why I managed to get my face so blotchy in the first place. Last night I read Clarke and Brenda's blog and felt somewhat relieved (yep, they're going through the same thing too!).

So now I have a little Ecuadorian flag by my computer with a reminder: "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it!" I'll be the first to admit that it's NOT easy, but it WILL be worth it.

What a blessing to know we're not alone in this great adventure!

Until next time...hasta luego!


Connie and Mark


2 comments:

Clarke said...

Re Clarke and Brenda's progress. House is sold. Cars given to the kids. Harley is staying with a friend. I am going to talk to Brennie tomorrow about torching everything else. Gotta be less stressful.

Connie Pombo said...

Thanks so much everyone! All of you are my inspiration and I do need that these days. Our house has been up for sale for a week, but it seems like 10! I'm sure everything would be less stressful if we didn't have a wedding and a book I need to finish all at the same time, but I'm sure we'll laugh about it in a year from now (I hope!). ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...