Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Home!

Tomorrow I leave for the States for two weeks to spend time with my dear friend, Kathy, who is celebrating her 50th birthday (although she only looks 20!). While I'm gone, my hubby will watch over the renovations being made on our "new" apartment.

Yes, we're moving after only six weeks to an unfurnished apartment which is one-third the rent of our current condo. We now live in what is called "The Gringo Palace" and when you get off the elevator you are met with "Howdy, where are y'all from?" instead of "Hola, como estas?"  There are so many Americans arriving each day that it doesn't even feel like we're in a foreign country until we hit the streets!

You would think that after all the moves we've made (33 in 35 years ) that moving would not be on my top ten list, but since we only have four suitcases it's no big deal. The rennovations will be complete upon my return -- just in time for my 55th birthday!

I will try to report on my trip in the States, but if not...hasta pronto!

Until nexxt time...hasta luego!


Consuelo y Marco

1 comment:

The Best Way Inn said...

I have lived in Quito for over 16 years, I am happy to help with any questions you might have about the country. Patrick- bullock0005@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...