Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How Sweet it Is -- Hershey's Cocoa!

Cost of Living Update: Hershey's Cocoa $7.39



After living in Pennsylvania for 23 years and having Hershey, PA 20 minutes down the street with chocolate wafting through the air, the real thing is a staple in our family.

So when I saw this at Supermaxi the other day, I grabbed it. Hurry...it's at the Vergel Supermaxi.

We have the Pombo Budget coming out later so you might be interested in the fact that we gave ourselves a "raise" for 2013 (mainly to support my cocoa habit)!

Until next time...hasta luego!






3 comments:

Geri Jeter said...

Hi Connie --

I found unsweetened local cocoa powder in the baking section of Coral. I thought it was much richer and better than the U.S. products, either Hershey's or Trader Joe's. And it was less expensive. I use it for pudding so the chocolate flavor needs the extra intensity.

Geri

BobK said...

Both Hershey and Godiva have gotten into trouble with consumers for buying chocolate from companies in Africa who use forced child labor. Use the local cocoa to help Ecuadorian farmers, not giant corporations from the US or Europe.
Bob

Connie Pombo said...

Bob, thanks for posting. I just watched the documentary on child labor and cocoa. Guess, I won' be buying Hershey or Godiva in the future!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...